Thursday, October 1, 2009

Read 'n' Seed Post 1: Obesity , Business and Public Policy

My book is titled "Obesity , Business and Public Policy" by Zoltan J. Acs and Alan Lyles. This book is very interesting to me and talks about how obesity started and how it became such a huge epidemic. It also talks about how obesity spread and the causes of it and when people started to actually notice it.One thing that I do like that the book talks about is the effects of childhood obesity and how it effetcs income and certain populations and also how the government deals with it and there policies on it. The book also talks about the effects of health insurance on different people and how that can affect people who are obese. The good thing about this book is that it covers all apsects of obesity and how it affects the individual, business and government. I chose this book because I plan to find a career in helping obese patients and knowledge is power to me and I want to know every little aspect and as many details as I possibly can to help. I looked through alot of books and I believe this book will give me the best insight to learn more about it.

I got this book from the UMD Library after my book that I first had didnt go through.

for more reviews you can go here!


This book is 250 pages long and has 13 chapters. I plan to just break it down into 4. I think its best if I break it into 4 different parts. Thats 62.5 pages for each part. I hope I learn alot more and can help others and teach others to the best of my ability when I am finished.

3 comments:

  1. Keith,
    Childhood obesity is always very interesting. I hope to be able to learn more about what you read this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing more about your book Keith. Childhood obesity is a topic that I am very interested in and have done a lot of research on!

    ReplyDelete