Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1: My SMART Goal

My Smart Goal
I am excited for this. For my Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change I will be focusing on walking to school 4 out of 5 days a week for the next ten weeks. The reasons I chose this is because according to an article called The Benefits of Walking Instead of Driving walking instead of driving would save. It would save gas, which in turn would save money. Also it allows me to have time to exercise.

How is this Change Eco-Chic?
Not only is this a good individual change, but I also think its a good earth change as welll. With me being on my feet and walking to school more I will be using less gas and putting less carbon dioxide and gases  in the air because I will be using my car a lot less.  Also I will be saving more money instead of spending every dime I have on gas because it is so expensive.Also its better for me because it allows me to get more exercise especially on days that become very busy.

Why is this Change important to me?
This change is important to me because I am making a difference to help the world be a cleaner place. Even though it may seem like a small change, its a change and a change is better than no change in my eyes. Also I will be able to help myself be more active and keep living a healthy lifestyle.

Another reason this change is important to me is because it would cause less stress when it comes to money factors and also now I know I am helping making a change to better the world.

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1 hosted by http://ecochicwithamy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good keith, I was thinking of making this same change myself. I get sick of not having a parking permit and getting tickets every once in a while! It would really help to get some exercise on your way to school on those really busy days. Good luck, and I'm still deciding on my eco-chic change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i definetaly have had to deal with those parking tickets and its not fun so I figure what the heck might as well as walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Keith great idea! You are doing a great thing to help the environment and save money on gas and parking. Be sure to dress warm as winter approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahaha yeah. the winter will be the scary part

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for your lifestyle change. This is something that I would really like to do as well. It just stinks that I live 4 miles off campus that is quite the walk to go to school for one or two classes! Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete