Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eye Opener: Enviromental Working Group

SHOCKING and scary.... The cosmetic item I typed in was Clearasil Oil Control Acne Wash (my links still are not working) because I really couldnt think of anything else I use thats cosmetic. The one thing that got my attention right away was my hazard score was 7 out of 10. Thats a high hazard....Its very shocking to me because I thought face wash was suppose to be a good thing. The cleanser was also linked to developemental/reproductive toxicity, violations and restrictions and warnings, allergies, irritation to skin, lungs. Also there are 80% of different face washes that are at lower risk than what I have. So I may be using the wrong kind. Overall, this is scary and I am going to probably throw the bottle of it in the trash. I am glad that I am blessed with semi ok skin and dont have to wash it really ever. But I still dont like the fact that this product has alot of dangers.

3 comments:

  1. This eye-opener was very shocking. I was surprised by my results as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Face wash seems like it can be bad for a person and yet good at the same time. I was thinking about how many times I end up with that in my eyes and how bad that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, that is pretty scary a high hazard! Seems like your just rubbing hazardous materials on your face huh? haha

    ReplyDelete