Sunday, November 29, 2009

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

My story.... When driving back to Minneapolis for the turkey day looking out my car window, I was wondering to myself through everything that we have learned being from a big city... how does the government and factories treat my neighborhood...I guess I never really thought about how we are treated... so I went on a journey with my dad to capture images and see if the government and factories treat my city and I as an expendable means..... Here is my story...
The train they planted in neighborhoods and tore down houses for…

The Back yards to alot of the residents in my neighborhood.


Good landscaping?



Whats up neighbor? The factory next to this house was where they use to make and store dog food…



Kind of cool having a loading dock right next door? Not.





Piles of dirt from highway construction for someones back yard…I also asked one of the residents how the conditions are and they said “through the night all your house does is rumble from traffic, and during the day its even worse when they’re drilling” he wanted to be annonomous








An elementary school with a run down play ground, next to a real busy road and in a bad neighborhood.


This here is a run down train track and electric pole and a plant right in the back yard of houses





















Run down train track...housing to the left, factory to the right with huge smoke stacks...

Gun shop right next to section 8 housing…. Weird.



This has really opened my eyes to the world I grew up and live in. I never noticed til now…














2 comments:

  1. I am in shock at some of the pictures that you took. I can not believe that someone's house was that close to the factory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good idea, thanks for sharing what you experienced without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete