Friday, November 6, 2009

Reflections: Weeks 7 and 8


Week 7

In week 7 we watched the documentary "Green". It was a documentory done by a grad student and it was essentailly about how chemical plants produce "cancer alleys" in little small towns. The movie gave a good insite into how people have to live and change there lives in those areas. We also did a little mock argument which I thought was good because you got to hear both sides and see what people came up with. Also I went to the smoking forum and it was very informative and interesting to see what people had to say and there views about the issue. I also got to learn that the facewash I am using can cause harmful effects to me so I quit using it.
Week 8
This week we watched a documentory called "Thirst". I thought it was very interesting and it was about the privitzaton of water companies. This documentory made me think alot about smaller towns and things they have to through that I probably dont have to go through because I live in a big city. I did get emotional when the suprivisor left. You could tell he loved that place and the people and he worked for the citizens of there home town not for the money. We also did an eye opener about junking and thrift stores and it really opened up my eyes to a whole new view of thrift stores.
What I learned?
I learned alot. I learned that I personally have to work on how I veiw people before I pass judgement. I always say that I dont judge people I let people judge themselves and I accept them for who they are. But subconcioussly I think I still pass judgement without knowing it. I also learned that thrift stores and awesome places to shop. I also learned about more of the struggles that small towns have to go through and how twisted corparate companies can be.



3 comments:

  1. I thought the documentary "Thirst" was very interesting and informative too. I had never thought about the privatization of water before this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learned a lot about judging people, even disagree with someone makes it seem like you are judging someone based on their opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, I got a little emotional too when the manager guy left the office.

    ReplyDelete